- When in sorrow, read John
- When men fail you, read Psalm
- When you have sinned, read Psalm
- When you worry, read Matthew
- Before church service, read Psalm
- When in danger, read Psalm
- When you have the blues, read Psalm
- When God seems far away, read Psalm
- When you are discouraged, read Isaiah
- If you want to be fruitful, read John
- When doubts come upon you, read John
- When you are lonely or fearful, read Psalm
- When you forget your blessings, read Psalm
- When your faith needs stirring, read Hebrews
- When you feel down and out, read Romans 8:31-39.
- When you want courage for your task, read Joshua
- When the world seems bigger than God, read Psalm
- When you want rest and peace, read Matthew 11:28-30.
- When you want Christian assurance, Romans 8:1-30.
- For Paul's secret of happiness, read Colossians 3:12-17.
- When you leave home for a labor or travel, read Psalm 121.
- When your prayers grow narrow and selfish, read Psalm 67.
- When you grow bitter or critical read, 1 Corinthians 13.
- For Jesus' idea of a Christian, read Matthew 5.
- For James' idea of religion, read James 1:19-27.